The Antioch Church was organized in 1853. The organizing pastor was Revered Moses E. Lard, a well-known evangelist of the day.
The original sanctuary was erected in 1859 and actively served the congregation until 1957. The old building is now a registered, local historical site maintained by current church members. It is utilized for special occasions of worship, weddings, etc.
The Antioch Church has been an important landmark in southern Clay County since the mid-19th century. The name of the church has been used multiple times in the area, including Antioch Road, Antioch Middle School and the former Antioch Shopping Center.
Antioch became a "Community Church" in 1930 and is part of the International Council of Community Churches. It has faithfully served people of all faiths throughout the Northland since its original inception.
All are welcome at Antioch. This is a place of warm, compassionate atmosphere where membership and participation is open to people from all denominations and religious backgrounds.
We offer many opportunities for Spiritual Enrichment, including:
Coffee and conversation before worship on Saturday and Sunday